Thursday, February 19, 2009

DigiVegas 128 - Dare Dukes

My guest this week is Savannah, GA singer-songwriter Dare Dukes.

I don't normally like to simply cut and paste sections of a guest's bio as my show description, I think that's kind of lazy, but Dare's bio is so well-written I don't think I can do a better job to describe his music.

The songs that make up Dare Dukes’ new album, Prettiest Transmitter of All, are a striking combination of incisive intelligence and sweet, doleful hooks. Looking past the shiny surfaces of American life, the Savannah, GA-based singer-songwriter chronicles the everyday world, mining the margins for the eccentric characters and bizarre events that are the heart of his music.

Check out his web site and his Myspace page

Download the show's MP3 FILE here.

Prettiest Transmitter Of All can be purchased at: Dare Dukes

and at amazon.com:

No comments: