Wednesday, January 7, 2009

DigiVegas 122 - Femi

My guest this week has been performing in the Oakland, CA underground scene for years. Her music has been defined as neo-funk & soul but its roots go much deeper with an infusion of afro-latin/carribean rhythms, jazz, hip-hop, salsa and rock, blending perfectly to create a unique sound all her own. Her debut solo CD Sweet Water Soul is impressing music lovers and critics alike. (That doesn't necessarily mean that critics are not music lovers or that music lovers aren't critics...) FEMI joins me on episode 122 of DigiVegas to share her music, her history, her thoughts on music education, as well as her desire to have the show's fans name my drum kit! I've had the thing for about 3 years now, and it never dawned on me to name it, um...him... her.

Download or listen to the show's MP3 FILE here.

Check out Femi on her WEB SITE

or her MYSPACE PAGE

her music is for sale at Femi or at amazon.com:

No comments: